Jay E. Cowan, DDS
Meet Dr. Cowan
Dr. Jay Cowan is a lifelong resident of the Indianapolis area. He graduated from Mt. Vernon High School in 1982 and earned his BA at DePauw University in 1986. Dr. Cowan attended the Indiana University School of Dentistry, where he received the prestigious Glen J. Pell Memorial Scholarship Award for Undergraduate Oral Surgery. Upon graduating from dental school, Dr. Cowan completed his four-year oral surgery residency at The University of Cincinnati Medical Center in 1995.
Dr. Cowan has served on the Board of Directors for the Indianapolis District Dental Society Foundation, which provides dental services and needs to the underserved and impoverished in the greater Indianapolis area. In 2011, he was recognized for his outstanding service to the Indiana Donated Dental Services Program. This program provides free dental care to the physically disabled, mentally disabled and medically compromised patients. Dr. Cowan is also a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Dr. Cowan’s practice includes a full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery with expertise in wisdom teeth removal. In addition to serving his patients in private practice, Dr. Cowan is on staff at Hancock Regional Hospital.
Dr. Cowan has been married to his wife, Carrie, since 1998. They have two sons, Brett and Ben. In his free time, Dr. Cowan enjoys fishing and playing golf .
- BA from DePauw University in 1986
- Indiana University School of Dentistry 1991
- Glen J. Pell Memorial Scholarship Award for Undergraduate Oral Surgery from Indiana University 1991
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center – Served as Chief Resident from 1994-1995
- University of Cincinnati Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 1995
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 1999
- Published in Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in 1995
- Published in Journal of Dentistry for Children in 1998
- Donated Dental since 2005
- Dentistry of the Heart since 2008
- Top Dentist Award 2013-2018